Twitter Feed

Friday, February 15, 2013

1st Annual SB Awards coming this Summer, you will want to read this.

Over the past 5 years Scoreboard Guy has recognized Basketball Players with inclusion on the "All-Scoreboard" Team.  Typically the event takes place in late April, however after talking with coaches and several of the Scoreboard Guy Sponsors, I have decided to take a big step and recognize athletes, coaches and teams from each of the sports I have been fortunate to cover.  So in Late July of 2013 I will, along with sponsors, be recognizing the people I have been fortunate to watch in the 2012-2013 School year.  I will look back on this year and pick out some of the outstanding teams, players, coaches and moments from this season. 

There have been a number of moments throughout the year that many of us will not forget, those periods of time that made all of us want to jump out of our seat, or just simply tug out our heart.  Those few minutes of clock time that made us cover our eyes and not want to watch, and maybe things played out we had hoped, and maybe not.  But it is those moments that make High School sports so important to every community.

I have partnered up with the people that matter, not necessarily that group of sponsors, although this would not happen without them, but more importantly the coaches, athletes and fans of the events that have occurred over the past 9 months.  Without that mom, dad, coach or just plain fan the information that I have been able to collect and discuss with you on the air would not be available.  You have generously let me invade your vehicles on the way home, or invited me into you home on a Friday night, or entrusted me with your children in a studio on Saturday morning and for that I am grateful.

So with that being said; I have decided to create a venue where we can, for a short time, relive those moments of 2012-13, and perhaps put faces and personalities with the young men and women we have heard and read about all year. 

March 1st is the launch date, I will have decided on a location, Food and Master of Ceremonies.  I hope to be able to announce a guest speaker for the event as well.  I am currently in contact with Springfield Sports Commission,  Springfield Cardinals, KOLR 10 and Meyer Communications about their possible roll in this event.

Again if you would like to play a roll in this event please contact me at gnewcomb987@yahoo.com or feel free to call me at 417-327-6914.

Thank you and God Bless
Guy Newcomb


My intentions are to make this as affordable as attending a High School sporting event for families, and I will not be able to do that without the generosity of the local businesses.  If you would like to join our Network of Advertisers please contact me at gnewcomb987@yahoo.com

No comments:

Bank of Billings

Facebook

Central Bank of the Ozarks

Pizza Ranch

Pizza Ranch
For the best Pizza Buffet

Chevy Dealers of the Ozarks

Chevy Dealers of the Ozarks
Athletes of the Week

Play It Again Sports